Wednesday 11 March 2015

* iFlorist blooms

Mother's day for me always seems to be a mad last minute scramble for a present and I usually end up getting the same present every year. My poor mother probably has 20 boxes of chocolates, hand creams and bath salts accumulated from years of Mother's Day pressies. This year I wanted to get my Mum a truly beautiful bunch of flowers with a long shelf life (Sounds like I'm describing milk... oops). iFlorist seems like the perfect place to go online for last minute flowery gift ideas. At first, I was a little suspicious about ordering flowers online (would they be fresh or wilted and dying etc.) but iFlorist seemed different. They have so many gorgeous flowers. I find that bedside tables always seem livelier with a bunch of flowers in, or even just a single tulip or carnation in a tiny vase. Flowers can be so versatile. If a red rose is too cliche for you, why not try something a little more gentle, like a classic white freesia and rose bouquet? Flowers can seem like such a cliche for a Mother's day present, but the effect they have on a household is amazing. They're so uplifting, and smell incredible too. My favourite flower has to be lily of the valley, purely because they smell DARN GOOD. (Seriously, I want to LIVE in that scent) 


Some of the bouquets on their site seemed so elegant - I love this "Ingenna" one with the gentle peaches and pinks. 



If you're looking for a more youthful bunch with a little playful twist, I recommend the "Roses and Carnations" bunch - they look very pretty.  



The last bunch that caught my eye was the "Soignee" bouquet. The lilac roses with the leafy vines looked beautiful, and are apparently "the most sophisticated flower gift". 



Oh, how I love a fragrant bunch of blooms. What are you getting your mom/mum for Mother's day?






Esme x

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for your comment! I will try to reply ASAP x